17 May 2009

at the airport in kota kinabalu

Oh how nice it is to have a past traveling for business! Thanks my old collected asiamiles I can now enjoy the free internet at the airport lounge. :-)

The last few days were nothing spectacular. Just a few relaxing days at the beaches around. in the evening enjoy the very local streetfood in the city. there's such a big delicious variety for 1 - 3 RM (which is less than 1 Euro).

There are still two things to mention: :-)
1) From my last few Ringits I bought muself a bar of chocolate. Wow, I am so proud that i didn't eat it at once! :-) But for those who know me can already guess what happened... Of course I was not able to share my room overnight with a bar of chocolate! So finally I finished the whole chocolate last night.
2) I had my first serious challenge during my journey! After ordering the most special and delicous TomYam-noodle soup I faced the problem to eat a soup just with a spoon. Where are the chopsticks??? How can someone eat a soup just with a spoon? The waitress saw my wide opened eyes and after explaining her she brought me at least a fork. :-) Did I stay in China for too long? And why didn't I bring those very nice chopsticks which were special designed for traveling? :-)))

No comments: